Friday, December 31, 2010

123110 "Happy New Year" 56

It is already late in the afternoon. I woke up about two hours ago. I went for a short walk through the neighborhood in search of some juice and a soda for my man (Our fridge is running on empty). I stopped at a store that imports delicacies from Israel, though I didn’t know until I breeched the doors. Which proved to be quite a task as I couldn’t figure out that the doors pushed in and didn’t pull open. I can be such an idiot. The store owner had to open them for me. She was a character in and of herself. She has strikingly blue eyes and pink lipstick on her teeth. At first she speaks to me in Spanish with a thick Israeli accent, when she notices is my American accent she attempts to speak with me in English. I always find this to be a kind gesture. Her store is simple and almost barren but her goods are foreign and exotic to me. She is so kind, that even though she has nothing that I need, I buy an over priced nectar in a can. I sip it as I run across the highway to reach the super market!

Now I am drinking my coffee and having a cigarette. I haven’t eaten but that is normal. My appetite doesn’t usually surface until late in the day.

I’ve jotted down a few lines but I am not putting too much pressure on myself today. New Years Eve is one of out busiest days as my husband is a DJ.

Today my focus will be on him and helping the night go smoothly so that he doesn’t stress out too much. But, he will anyway, he already is. He gets that way before big parties. It’s cute!

Still I will keep Angela at the front of my mind. I will think about her life and how she loves Peter, I will relate my experience to hers. I will relate my love to hers!

Happy New Year and I wish you all a prosperous 2011!

She had become a ghost of her former self. So much so that when it stormed, and her windows rattled and shook, she feared going outside for fire wood, she feared she might blow away as if she were just a whisper in the wind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment