Saturday, January 1, 2011

010111 "Happy Dos Mil Once" 56

I'm still at fifty six pages typed... But, I haven't started writing yet today. I have a three hour block of time reserved to write that will begin as soon as I smoke a bowl!

Last night was amazing! The club was PACKED. My man performed like GOD would've! Every time I see him perform I fall in love more. His energy and the way he can take control of a room astounds me! I think I love him most because of my curiosity of him. I have known him for four an a half years, almost, and I am still learning about him. Still trying to understand him and the power he has over me. Logically I know he is just a man, but I can't believe 'just a man' could have this much power over another human being

Power is a tricky when it comes to relationships. Maybe before feminism couples didn't have such a power struggle between them! Sometimes we do, but mostly I let him lead me, I consider myself to be in his power.

But, not the way Angela is under the power of Peter. Angela has no understanding of herself, which is why she completely lets go of her identity to become a reflexion, or rather a shadow of her husband. She identifies herself through him which is why she breaks when he begins to fall out of love with her. She has to discover herself before she can heal and this will be important in the latter half of the first part of the book. Nothing cataclysmic needs to happen to her, her story is about the healing powers of time or rather that time is just the distance between events, time is where change happens, and in time she will heal.

I think I will propose this as Beatriz starts school. Angela will jump from identifying herself through Peter, to identifying herself only as Beatriz's mother. She'll have to let go of Peter and Beatriz to discover herself. Respectively she will do so by moving out of Peter's home, and putting Beatriz in school a year later.

Since I haven't written anything yet today I will leave you with a random quote!

"Old letters written in haste between mother and daughter, sister and sister. Hand written on antique parchment filled with pain and sadness, and what’s worse, love. "

No comments:

Post a Comment